An all-inclusive transgender support group which provides support to anyone who is trangender or questioning, a friend or family member, ally, or just wants to understand.
3rd Friday of each month, 7:30 to 9:00 pm
Church of the Foothills, 19211 Dodge Ave., Santa Ana, CA 92705, 949-770-0702
TG Rainbow is a support group born out of the need for transgender people, and those who care about them, to have a safe place to go, to be heard, to talk, to learn, to understand.
Although we meet at at the Church of the Foothills in Tustin, this is not a group affliliated with any religion. Anyone, of any faith, or no religion at all, is always welcome to participate.
See below for further information, links to other LGBT resources, and location maps. To the right is a list of the principles by which TG Rainbow operates.
TG Rainbow contact:
TG Rainbow Support Group Principles
• We do not discriminate in any way against anyone. All are welcome. The transgender spectrum is a varied one, from cross dressers to transitioned transsexuals, or anyone who is a gender non-conformist. Our choices at what time in our lives to deal with these issues will vary greatly, so anyone of any age must always be shown respect. We all have a different life journey on which we travel.
• Being a spouse, parent, family member, or friend of a transgender person can be difficult. We are here to provide support and understanding in dealing with this situation in someone they love.
• We will encourage the friendly and informative exchange of ideas. No subject will be off limits for discussion as long as there is interest amongst the participants, and the exchange does not denigrate nor attack anyone within the group.
• Religion and politics can often impact those who are transgender in a very negative way. However, we also know that many in politics and religion fully support us, so discussions of these topics should focus on specific difficulties and not in generalities against any group.
• We must understand that some topics may have to be off limits at certain times because of the age of those present.
• We support friendship and networking amongst all of our members, however our function is primarily as a support group and not as a social group. In addition, we are not a medically-licensed therapy group.
• Intolerance will not be tolerated. We are about love and acceptance. Everyone must be comfortable with the discussion, and not feel they are being forced down any specific path.
• As stated above, we are not a medically-licensed therapy group, however, we do provide support within our community from our peers and friends. It is possible that a licensed therapist may attend our meetings, at which point they should properly identify themselves as such.
• We are not here to support any specific product nor to sell anything to our members. We may exchange information on products, organizations, and facilities that are friendly (or not friendly) to our community.
• We are fully supported by the Church of the Foothills, however, as stated previously, we are not a religious organization. Because of their support and use of their facilities we may ask for donations to help them defray the costs for our meetings, such as electricity and janitorial services. Donations will always be voluntary and never be required to attend any meeting.
Support Group Meeting Details
We meet on the third Friday evening of each month. The room will be open from 7:00 pm for early arrivals, with the meeting running from 7:30 to 9:00 pm.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
Links and Partners
Maps to Meeting
A. Church of the Foothills, 19211 Dodge Ave., Santa Ana
Note on Parking
• On your left, as you approach the church from Newport, and just before getting to Dodge, make a left turn into the preferred church parking area for our meetings. There is a handicap ramp leading to a door, which will take you directly into our meeting room.
• In other words, on the map below, you would make a left where you see the word "The" in "Church-The Foothills Church," and our entrance will be right about where the letter A is pointing.